[Trans] Trial court with Avex and C-Jes over JYJ’s exclusive contract
Tokyo District Court – January 18, 2013
(Judge reads Main Text)
Avex – defendant
C-JeS – plaintiff
1. Avex should not circulate any documents or verbal notice to any 3rd party in case JYJ Kim Jaejoong, Kim Junsu, and Park Yoochun hold activities in Japan since they do not hold exclusive rights to manage JYJ in Japan.
2. Avex will pay c-jes, 665,957,108 JPY (~7.4 M USD) as compensation for damages. Computation starts from August 2011 until present and with interests.
3. Avex will pay 1,000,000 JPY to Baek Changu for defamatory action.
4. All lawsuits are dismissed.
5. For Court costs throughout the whole trial, cjes will pay 3/5, Baek will pay 1/5 of c-jes’ 3/5, Avex will 2/5 as well as pay for costs of Sumo Association.
[Trans] Official announcement from Avex
January 18, 2013
Avex Group Holdings Inc.
Litigation pertaining to the activities of artists JUNSU/JEJUNG/YUCHUN
Avex Management Group (AMG), a wholly owned subsidiary of the company who, together with C-JES Entertainment Co. Ltd, have exclusive rights of artists JUNSU/JEJUNG/YUCHUN have received today the ruling of the Tokyo District Court in respect of the following four lawsuits:
1. Tokyo District Courts 2011 No. 17612 Injunction against defamatory actions
2. Tokyo District Courts 2011 No. 20390 Request for compensation against damages
3. Tokyo District Courts 2011 No. 25447 Request for compensation against damages
4. Tokyo District Courts 2012 No. 8301 Request for compensation against damages
AMG has decided to appeal the ruling to the Tokyo High Court as soon as possible.
Avex Management Group, 100% owned by
As they don’t agree with the court’s decision, they will appeal to the higher court.