“Heuaang~ Suyeonnie hates me”
– MISSING YOU Han Jungwoo – Read More →
[TRANS] Junsu: Huhu.. Took it secretly!
[TRANS] Last night, I was in a lot of pain.. But fortunately, I’m feeling a lot better nowㅎㅎ Have a happiness-filled day today everyone
As the conflict continues between Lee Seung Chul and the fans of JYJ′s Kim Junsu, Kim Junsu′s agency, C-JeS Entertainment made an official statement, hoping to rid of misunderstanding.
On June 17, C-JeS Entertainment stated, “Through our official Facebook, we previuosly expressed our honor to be musically affiliated with Lee Seung Chul sunbaenim through this remake song. We and Lee Seung Chul′s agency have never disputed over the rights of the song.”
“The conflict began when the song was revealed through the drama ahead of the official release of the song′s information. Because the song′s melody and the lyrics were the same, fans requested a change when the OST production company revealed the song as a ′new song,′” continued C-JeS Entertainment.
“As this isn′t a direct dispute between the artists, we hope that [Lee Seung Chul] sunbaenim does not misunderstnd.”
I′m In Love, which was revealed on SBS′ You Are All Surrounded, is a remake of a track from Kim Junsu′s second album with the same title. The song was used as a background track on May 29′s broadcast of You Are All Surrounded and was released through music sites on June 5.
- On May 29th, XIA Junsu’s ‘I’m in Love/사랑하나봐’ was broadcast on an episode of an SBS drama. The lyrics were nearly identical, yet the song was by another singer.
- Immediately after the broadcast, articles were released and tweets from Lee Seungchul’s official account said that this is Lee Seungchul’s new song for the drama’s OST. Even the name of the song was kept the same, yet the song was promoted as if it’s a brand new song by Lee Seungchul, to the point that many articles said ‘Lee Seungchul’s voice gave life to this new song’. There was no mention of the original singer, XIA Junsu, at all. Of course, fans questioned the suspicious nature of this song’s release.
- The following day on May 30th, a twitter account that appears to be Lee Seungchul’s official twitter for managing his schedule and PR, @official_LSC, sent direct messages to many XIA Junsu fans as well as non-fans.
- In the DMs, the person(s) behind @official_LSC lied that 1. XIA Junsu’s ‘I’m in Love’ was originally titled ‘Lonely’ and considered for Lee Seungchul’s 2012 album and threatened fans to ‘Stay put, otherwise it will be revealed that XIA Junsu stole a sunbae’s song’. However, this was proved to be untrue with CJES Entertainment’s official announcement and Lee Seungchul’s company confirmed to fans who called them that it was their side that asked XIA Junsu’s side to produce the remake.