Jaejoong singing “I’ll Protect You”
– Fans –
Two hours was not enough to satisfy Vietnamese fans’ love for their idol. Lot of people cried and fainted!
Tonight 11/10, Vietnamese fans had a meeting and interacted with Jae Joong like a good dream in SECC center, Ho Chi Minh City. They got to have the chance of taking the advantage of staring into his idol eyes and also get to hear him sing. Those that were fortunate to also have Jae Joong put kimbap [into their mouths], got to play a competitive online game in a chair onstage. However, while the Fan Meeting was ending, the fans didn’t have the chance to shake hands together with their idol that the organizers had promised previously.
And now, we get to look back at the progression of this monumental fan meeting!
[Author's Note: I’m terribly sick today but I felt I had to say something because there are too many rumors, threats, and false accusations floating around after the fanmeeting]
The rules for the Kim Jaejoong Vietnam Fanmeeting were made public prior to the event, fans were then reminded of them upon arrival at the venue. People attending knew very well what was and was not allowed. If they chose to take “irrelevant” items to the venue, they did so by their own will and decision. They were aware that there would be consequences.
After the fanmeeting in Nanjing, the rules were enforced greatly. Thailand was strict, Indonesia even more, and Vietnam was twice as much. (JYJ3′s Note: Please read what happened in Nanjing FM Link 1, Link 2 )
Though I hate to say it, at any moment, Jaejoong himself could have intervened and stopped the rule enforcements, but he did not. C-JeS and the promoter were clearly attempting to protect his image and rights as an Artist. There was obvious approval from all sides, otherwise, the rules would have been stopped after the Thailand fanmeeting.
I find it truly disgusting to now see some extreme Yunjae fans going as far as to claim they will no longer support Jaejoong or JYJ because of the enforcement from security. If your support is only based on imposing your belief onto Jaejoong, JYJ, their other fans, and the staff, then you are no fan. You are simply a person with a selfish and unhealthy desire to make your ideals into reality at the expense of the very person you’ve been claiming to “love.”
I know some Yunjae and OT5 fans that would never dare to yell or take TVXQ/DBSK or Yunjae items to a JYJ/JJ/YC/JS event. They simply enjoy basking in their belief quietly, while letting the artists they support enjoy the spotlight and the glory of their moment. That’s how it should be for all fans.
Here were the rules announced BEFORE the Vietnam fanmeeting day:
1. Strictly no photo taking and video recording is allowed during the Fan Meeting.
2. Fans are not allowed to bring in any fan-board/ LED board higher than 25 cm.
3. Light stick longer than 25 cm will not be allowed to be brought into the hall. Only allow red light sticks, other colors light sticks are not allowed.
4. Information and pictures on fan-board / LED board/ light stick are all about Jaejoong.
5. Audiences of Seating Zones are not allowed to stand up.
6. No outside food and drinks are allowed into the hall. Please dispose all bottles before you enter the hall.
7. No luggage, suitcases, baggage are allowed in the hall.
8. Not wearing clothes have other artists’ pictures and information to participate in the fan meeting.
9. Please queue orderly and quietly when entering the hall.
10. No pushing when participated in the Fan Meeting.
11. Please take care of your belongings.
12. No littering.
13. Obey organizer’s rules and security’s guides.
14. Cheer as loudly as you can for Jae Joong and enjoy exclusive Jae Joong fan meeting.
Jaejoong singing “I’ll Protect You”
Read More →
– Outside The Venue –
The press conference was a closed event; only reporters and media personnel were allowed in.
Q1: This is your 2nd time in Vietnam, what do you feel [about the country]?
JJ: My previous trip to Vietnam was for a charity football game, but this time I got to come to meet fans. I could feel atmosphere and the fans’ love more this 2nd time around. I am very please and happy with this/to be here.