(or #Yuchuneffect in China)
People say a daughter is her father’s lover in his former life.
1. I’m on my 1st year of university. My major is Chinese literature. Today, during the literature theory class, the lecturer took a few pieces of work as examples (He usually takes influential pieces of work). He was talking for a while when suddenly he took ‘Rooftop Prince’ as an example! I was so excited… Although the lecturer was talking about how the story of the drama was unfolding, I was thinking deep inside “Don’t tell me he will talk about Yuchun? After all, he’s a middle-aged man….” But the lecturer looked at us and asked if we watched ‘Missing You’. He said that after he himself watched it, he watched ‘Rooftop Prince’ too. He also said he likes Park Yuchun very much because he looks so cool! So I don’t know why but I just energetically clapped my hands. Then I explained to him everything about Jungwoo’s 14 years of wait and about the human nature of what a 15 year-old boy can cope with. As the students were losing focus, the lecturer said to stop talking about the actor (T/N he used Jungwoo’s words ‘up until now’) and to debate about our piece of work instead lol Ah, it seems like Yuchunnie receives love from all men, women, oldies and kids.
2. Mum and I were watching ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ when dad suddenly approached. I was nervous on what kind of reaction he would show but he just stared then looked at me and said: “From now on, if you want to find a boyfriend, find a straight and neat man like Lee Sunjoon”. Hahaha, mum and I got so excited.
3. Today, I opened up just right now MickyBaidu’s page when dad appeared. He saw Yuchun on the first page (it’s the first time I’m showing him Yuchun since I started liking him) then said: “This young man is good-looking. Is he your classmate, your friend? You should quickly make use of your hands….” I know dad is in a hurried mind because I don’t have any boyfriend but he doesn’t know that the reason I don’t look for one is all because of this Park Yuchun…
4. Dad saw my PC wallpaper then asked me: “Is he your boyfriend? He’s a really good-looking young man (T/N lit. bachelor).” I felt so happy especially when my dad is known for having his eyes set up high.
5. I looked at mom and told her: “Yuchun oppa is so handsome!” so she replied: “No matter how handsome he is, he’s not yours”.
6. I looked at mum and asked her: “This person is handsome, right?” (I showed her Yuchun’s picture) Mum: “He looks handsome and has very bright eyes.” so I laughed and mum asked me: “Who is it?” Me: “A member from a Korean group (you don’t even know who even if I say it)” Mum: “You little rascal, you should quickly find yourself a girlfriend. Now, you like guys…”
JYJ is back with another special video for Valentine’s Day! The clip is sure to leave fans smiling and laughing as the boys reprise their roles from dramas or musicals to put on a hilarious impromptu skit.
Junsu starts off by greeting fans by singing his words as if he’s still in character for his musical, while Yoochun speaks to fans as if he is the characters from ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal‘, ‘Rooftop Prince‘, and ‘I Miss You‘, while Jaejoong does the same by talking as if he is once again acting as his characters from ‘Protect the Boss‘, and ‘Time Slip Dr. Jin‘. The boys all ask about whether fans have received sweets and chocolates, and their wish to receive chocolates for the special day.
The trio then come together for an impromptu skit in which they decide to play their respective characters (Jaejoong becoming his character in ‘Time Slip Dr. Jin’, and Yoochun becoming his king character in ‘Rooftop Prince’) as they talk to each other about eating chocolate. Since Junsu is not quite sure what to do, the members tell him he must sing everything he says like he is in his musical, bringing laughs.
Park Yuchun the Actor slowly took shape because of the August 2010 drama “Sungkyunkwan Scandal”, although fans may have preferred a romantic type of drama that can display Park Yuchun’s tall figure and handsome face.
But Park Yuchun’s first choice was a historical drama. It is not an exaggeration to say that the surrounding sounds of anxiety were overwhelming.
“To have a historical drama as my first work as an actor, even I myself felt it’s overconfident and conceited. Heard many “Can it really be done” voices, so I also considered, “Is it necessary that I must use a historical drama as a start?” After talking with Chang Joo hyung, with ‘first work, whether it is a historical drama or modern drama, as long as it is a good piece of work, it will be fine’, I found my self-confidence.”
< Rooftop Prince > has gotten first place, in the “2012 So-Loved Awards” drama section organised by the Korean Cultural Center. After voting by European fans, it was chosen as the most beloved and popular Korean drama. In addition, in Germany’s Remarkable Awards 2012, the lead Park Yoo Chun in < Rooftop Prince > has also been chosen as number 1, proving his popularity worldwide.
Like a proven formula, Park Yoo Chun’s dramas sweeps across Asia. Last year’s drama < Rooftop Prince > has already broke past 1 hundred million 5000 views on Youku alone – a huge streaming video site in China. Totaling similar 7 large streaming sites, viewing has surpassed 700 million views, setting a record. < I Miss You > which started on the 17th, has currently been viewed 100 million times on China’s largest online site PPTV. China’s Sohu has also burst past 100 million views.
Last year has rewritten the record of Korean drama ratings in Taiwan in the past 2 years, and to commemorate this, played out an 8min special clip of Park Yoo Chun. Recently < Rooftop Prince > has also become number 1 in ratings on the Philippines channel’s primetime television. In China, Hong Kong and Taiwan combined statistics showed that last year’s < Rooftop Prince> and < I Miss You> has become the third and fourth most downloaded korean drama in recent years. As such, Park Yoo Chun has been recognised as the Drama King in Asia.
In Japan, < Sungkyunkwan Scandal >, < Rooftop Prince> and < I Miss You> which stars Park Yoo Chun, has been planned to be shown in the early half of 2013.
Secret Love: Sungkyunkwan Scandal will air in the Philippines
beginning Monday Oct. 29 at 4:15pm