The group JYJ (Jaejoong Kim, Yuchun Park and Junsu Kim) has got free from SM Entertainment.
The dispute between SM Entertainment and JYJ has been completed based on mutual agreement , 3 years and 4 months later since it started.
According to legal circles, SM Entertainment and the three members of JYJ agreed to finish their all contracts based on the date of July 31st, 2009. Also the both parties made written agreement containing that 1) the both would cancel all lawsuit filed against each other, 2) will not disturb any activities against each other.
Jaejoong, Yuchun and Junsu who debuted as the group TVXQ in 2004, filed a lawsuit to clarify invalidity of exclusive contract on July 31st 2009 and have had their activities as JYJ since Sep, 2010.
[NEWS] JYJ and SM Entertainment’s legal battle comes to an end
The legal battle between JYJ and SM Entertainment has finally come to an end!
After what seems like forever, the two sides are reported to have come to a mutual agreement on the 28th.
It is said that SM Entertainment and JYJ have both withdrawn all lawsuits against one another, and have agreed to not interfere with any of each other’s activities.
The long drawn out fight was started back in July 31st, 2009 when the initial lawsuit was filed against SM Entertainment by the three members of JYJ, who were part of TVXQ, requesting for the cancellation of their contracts. Since then, the two sides failed to reach an agreement every time and was due back in court again later this year.
It seems the legal battle is now over, and both sides, especially JYJ, can work towards moving forward free of the legal issues that had been holding them back.
[NEWS] SM and JYJ Put an End to Their Long, Winding Legal Suit
SM Entertainment and JYJ′s long three-year-and-four-month-long legal fight has come to an end with a mutual agreement.
Through an official press release issued on November 28, SM Entertainment said it decided to wrap up the issue “to avoid bringing additional harm to U-Know Yunho and Max Changmin, who are active as TVXQ (DBSK), and to avoid making any more unneeded issues.”
It added, “The three (JYJ) have confirmed that they are not willing to be active any longer as TVXQ, and so SM Entertainment has decided that there is no need for the company to continue to manage the three. We have also decided not to interfere in each other′s matters in the future, and this is how the trial has come to an end with today′s hearing.”
With the end of the long legal journey, attention has been paid to whether JYJ will be able to appear again in the three major channels.
About the reason JYJ has not been appearing in KBS2′s Music Bank or its variety shows such as Win Win, KBS has previously said, “Because the issue between JYJ and its former agency isn′t finished, KBS has been keeping its eye on the results of the trial with as objective an attitude as possible. Normally, celebrities involved in a legal battle refrain from appearing [in such shows], as their appearances can affect the results of the legal processions. We plan to invite them or book their appearance in shows depending on the results of the trial.”
Ever since JYJ filed for a cancellation of its contract against SM Entertainment on July 31, 2009, Kim Jae Joong, Park Yoo Chun and Kim Junsu haven′t been able to appear in variety or music shows on the three major channels. They have, instead, made appearances in dramas produced by outsourced productions.
Now that the legal battle has come to an end, there is a chance that the group will start to appear on main channel shows as singers again.
After filing their suit against SM Entertainment, the members of JYJ have signed a new management contract with C-JeS Entertainment, and have since been active in film, drama and musicals.
[NEWS] Contract dispute between SM Entertainment and JYJ finally ends
The contract dispute between SM Entertainment and JYJ (Kim Jaejoong, Park Yoochun, Kim Junsu) has finally ended after 3 years and 4 months.
According to several reports on November 28th, SM Entertainment and JYJ have resolved the contract dispute, with both sides deciding to end the files for injunction that were filed on July 31st, 2009.
In addition, both sides withdrew all related litigation, signing a contract that they will not embark in mutual matters again.
An representative from SM Entertainment said through a press release on the 28th, “The three no longer wanted to be part of TVXQ as there is no reason to be under the management of SM Entertainment. And so, it was decided to end the case and negotiation today with the agreement that there will be no mutual connections.”
“In order to prevent any further discomfort and unnecessary issues for the current TVXQ members, U-Know Yunho and Max Changmin, who have continued to proceed with their activities, the judge decided that it was best to end this trial.”
C-JeS representative Baek Changju said, “Three years ago when the court accepted our injunction, we thought that this was a fight we had already won. The legal situation isn’t what interfered with JYJ’s activities, but this was more of a David vs. Goliath situation. We don’t see it as a big change in their activities. JYJ is going to continue with their future plans and activities as planned.”
“With this final court verdict, we hope that the restriction that was involved in this case will improve. We want to send our sincere thanks to fans who have been continuously giving their support without any changes.”
JYJ first made their entrance into the music industry as part of the 5-member group TVXQ, until the trio filed an injunction at the Seoul Central District Court against SM Entertainment on July 31st, 2009, disputing their contract with the agency. Since September 2010, they formed the group JYJ under C-JeS and have been relatively active in the music industry, going on world tours, and achieving high success in the acting scene since then.
[INFO] (K-Netizens’ Responses to) JYJ’s lawsuit with SM Entertainment reaches a conclusion
Article: JYJ is a free man… lawsuit with SM comes to an end
Source: Yonhap News via Nate
1. [+827, -354] I really hope that we can see them on music programs now. We’ll have to watch and see what SM does from here on out… We’ll always be cautious… JYJ, fighting!
2. [+854, -393] Honestly speaking, vocal talent = JYJ
3. [+639, -385] Congrats.. ^^ and to the haters, how about you guys live your own lives instead of spreading hate here… Y’all should be studying at this time ㅠㅠ
4. [+188, -74] SM should stop blocking them from broadcasts. What is such a big company doing? It’s pathetic. Scared of JYJ winning fair and square?
5. [+145, -55] Can we see them on TV now??
6. [+136, -47] Now that the lawsuit’s over… I’m praying that they can promote and smile
7. [+114, -26] Finally, it’s over… See you on public broadcast, JYJ
8. [+112, -41] You can’t trust anything until you see what happens. They’re not free until they can finally perform on music programs and promote as they wish. You have to admit that SM has been pulling strings for quite some time.
9. [+111, -41] ㅋㅋㅋㅋ do well ❤
10. [+109, -35] You guys suffered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
Article: JYJ’s reps “We won the lawsuit but nothing changes” ambiguous response
Source: X Sports News via Nate
1. [+119, -24] They’re basically saying that the fact that JYJ can’t perform on music programs and other public broadcast varieties won’t change… Imagine how much the broadcasts suck up to SM ㅡㅡ^
2. [+106, -24] I’ve hated SM since they let H.O.T. go like that. I really want to see JYJ on public broadcast soon.
3. [+92, -24] SM’s really scary ㅋㅋ Imagine how much worse it is for their artists… Every day must be like walking on thin ice for them