Avex appeal – Second court hearing
Date: August 6th
- The court has instructed C and A to reach a settlement decision and will meet on Sept 9 at 1:10 pm JST for the agreement.
- Everything will be finalized on Sept 9.
- C has won the trial before. Possible that A just appealed because they want a settlement, which is the result of today’s hearing.
- It is not certain if JYJ can promote freely in Japan after this.
+++ UPDATE +++
- Company C and Company A are currently undergoing settlement talks.
- The next hearing will be on Sept 9, 2013 at 1:10 pm JST. This is the last chance for Company A to make an argument.
- Please note that Company C already won the trial and Company A was told to pay 660M JPY to Company C. Company A filed an appeal to counter the decision. The appeals court has ordered Companies A & C to discuss the possibility of a settlement.
- If they fail to reach any settlement before the next hearing, the settlement will end in failure so it will be up to the court to set another hearing or to make a decision. This is similar to what happened in the Korea case.
- News/articles about JYJ will be published in several newspapers in Japan within 10 days.
- Legal team of Company C is in a great mood, which is completely opposite if you look at Company A’s legal team.
- It was a relatively short hearing.
@loveJJkaorin and @yo_yo0611
Translated by: Ruby(@rubypurple_fan) of JYJ3
Shared by: JYJ3